To extend Jenkins with plugins, you can follow these steps:
1. Open your Jenkins dashboard and navigate to the "Manage Jenkins" section.
2. Click on "Manage Plugins" to access the plugin manager.
3. In the "Available" tab, you can browse for plugins by category or use the search bar to find a specific plugin.
4. Select the checkbox next to the plugin you want to install.
5. Click on the "Install without restart" button to install the plugin immediately, or select "Download now and install after restart" if you prefer to install it after a Jenkins restart.
6. If the installation is successful, you will see a notification at the top of the page.
7. Some plugins may require additional configuration before they can be used. To configure a plugin, go to "Manage Jenkins" > "Configure System", and you may find options related to your installed plugins. Configure them as required.
8. Once the plugin is installed and configured, you can access its features within your Jenkins pipeline or project configurations depending on what the plugin offers.
Note: Jenkins will periodically check for updates to installed plugins, and you can manage them by going to the "Manage Jenkins" > "Manage Plugins" section. There, you can update, uninstall, or disable plugins as needed.
Remember to always review plugin documentation and follow any specific instructions or requirements provided by the plugin developers.